Los Angeles Kings @ Vancouver Canucks
The 2010-2011 season opener ended with the Kings spoiling the Canucks’ 40th anniversary with a 2-1 victory in shootout. It always feels good to win the first game of the season, but to me, this was more than just the first game, this was an opportunity for a little bit of revenge against the team that booted us out of the playoffs last year.
From what I saw tonight, I’m OK with the lineup… for now.
– Quick looked well rested and focused
– The Kings played well defensively, allowing on 24 SOG
– Yes, Poni had a lot of penalties (some I didn’t agree with), but HE DID draw the penalty against Kesler, which we converted into a goal. Still, we NEED to improve our PP conversion.
– Third line was effective in shutting down the Sedin line
– Schenn shined filling in for Kopi
– I don’t like Richardson in LW2. I don’t think he’s a top six forward.
– How about them throwback jerseys? AWESOME! 😀
[Source: Getty Images]