Dallas Stars @ Los Angeles Kings
After finding out that Poni and Willie would be out for 4-6 weeks due to injuries that resulted from last Saturday’s game against the Preds, I was a little worried to say the least. Why? Willie is a HUGE part of our PK efficiency, having logged the most PK minutes thus far. Poni is a big body that we depend on for the shutdown line (Poni-Zues-Simmer). Despite these set backs, I thought the Kings dealt with the situation well.
Parse – Kopitar – Brown
Smyth – Stoll – Williams
Richardson – Handzus – Simmonds
Clifford – Lewis – Westgarth
Scuderi – Doughty
Greene – Johnson
Drewinske – Muzzin
– Finally someone wanted to go at it with Clifford. Don’t mess with the big red dog!
– In fact, everybody wanted to fight tonight. Penalties galore (Total PIM: 91, 4 fights), especially for Dallas.
– The Kings committed some unnecessary penalties in the 3rd period. Offensive zone penalties? Just stop it!
– PK was excellent, even without Willie. Good coverage in front to block shots/clear rebounds.
– Quick. SOLID.
– 2 of 8 on PP. Though not always consistent, it was good to see the King’s putting themselves in great position and making some great plays. The screens by Smytty and Parse during goal #2 and #3, respectively, were crucial.
What makes me slightly more happy than the Kings being #1 in the league in terms of W%?